A New Dress for Alma
The other night I totally had the urge to sew something. Since I’ve been working, I haven’t made anything, and I’ve been missing my hobby. While I’ve made quite a few dresses in the past, they have all been sort of complicated.
I have been wanting to try to make a simple dress pattern, so I just gave it a shot! I sketched out a simple sun dress, then drafted up a pattern. I just took one of Alma’s dresses and used it to estimate the bodice proportions, then made a couple simple ruffle layers.
I’m really happy with how it turned out! I love the colors together, on Alma. She is really into foxes these days, so it was fun to include those.
I will definitely be making more patterns and dresses in the future!